WATSONVILLE, CA— Adding another pivotal endorsement to her already expansive roster of supporters, today Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo locked down support from the California League of Conservation Voters in the race for California’s 30th State Assembly District seat.
In announcing their support, California League of Conservation Voters’ CEO Sarah Rose stated:
“The California League of Conservation Voters is pleased to announce our strong support of Karina Cervantez Alejo for State Assembly District 30. Karina passionately believes California must continue to lead the nation on smart, innovative and tough environmental protections. From combatting pollution to enacting new drought relief solutions to conserving green space and our environment, we know Karina will be a strong partner with us and an outstanding Assemblymember.”
Just yesterday Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo collected endorsements from Salinas Valley Agricultural Leaders and Past Chairmen of the Board of Directors at the Western Growers Association, David Gill and John D’Arrigo. Last week the South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council also backed her run.
Moreover, Cervantez Alejo is the officially endorsed candidate of the California Democratic Party. She’s also dominating the race and far-outpacing her competition by every measurement.
1) Commanding Lead in Fundraising:
- Recent reports released by the candidates in AD-30 showed that Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo is leading by a substantial landslide on the fundraising front.
- For the recent report ending on December 31st, Watsonville’s Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo raked-in a whopping $118,000 in new contributions, bringing her total raised to more than $268,000. She maintains a substantial cash-on-hand war-chest of over $238,000.
- Cervantez Alejo has raised roughly 14 times more overall and maintains 11 times more cash on hand than her competitor— two substantial markers of a candidate’s ability to be viable and communicate a message to voters.
- Also recently, at the California Democratic Party’s AD-30 “Pre-Convention Caucus” vote, in a stunning blow to her competition, 43 out of 45 total possible votes among eligible delegates– a staggering 96%— voted for Cervantez Alejo over the other Democrat in the race.
- This overwhelming vote resulted in Cervantez Alejo securing a formal endorsement from the California Democratic Party at the state convention just weeks ago.
- Monterey County Weekly: Karina Cervantez Alejo leads Assembly fundraising contest by huge margin.
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Watsonville’s Karina Cervantez Alejo wins party endorsement by landslide
- Register- Pajaronian: Cervantez Alejo earns nod from Democratic Party
- Also, recently, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo announced the support of the South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council, Silicon Valley Young Democrats, Democratic Women’s Club at Santa Cruz County, Salinas Valley Teachers AFT Local 1020, Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), California Council of Laborers of North America (LiUNA), Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs and AFSCME Council 57. And, in a landslide vote, 49-10, the endorsement of the South County Democratic Club, a powerhouse local organization comprised of scores of politically mobilized grassroots activists.
Beyond today’s news, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo has amassed an army of support from teachers, nurses, working people, women’s organizations, small business owners, Democratic Party luminaries, and countless others, totaling well over 220 supporters.
To view her full list of endorsements, please click here: http://votekarina.com/endorsements/
To view Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo bio, click here:http://votekarina.com/meet-karina/meet-karina/
For all other information, please visit: www.VoteKarina.com
Paid for by Karina Cervantez Alejo for State Assembly 2016.