WATSONVILLE, CA— On the heels of winning a powerful endorsement from the California Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), today Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo garnered support from California’s former Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante in her campaign for California State Assembly District 30.
In announcing his support, former Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante released the following statement:
“We need new blood, fresh ideas and long-term thinking in the State Capitol. That’s why I’m so pleased to join the growing list of leaders enthusiastically endorsing Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo for State Assembly District 30. She’s got guts, vision, a creative mind, and an unrivaled grit when it comes to problem-solving and fighting on behalf of the people she represents. I urge the people of the 30th district to vote for Karina Cervantez Alejo.”
Moreover, Cervantez Alejo is dominating the race and far-outpacing her competition by every measurement.
1) Commanding Lead in Fundraising:
- Recent reports released by the candidates in AD-30 showed that Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo is leading by a substantial landslide on the fundraising front.
- For the recent report ending on December 31st, Watsonville’s Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo raked-in a whopping $118,000 in new contributions, bringing her total raised to more than $268,000. She maintains a substantial cash-on-hand war-chest of over $238,000.
- Cervantez Alejo has raised roughly 14 times more overall and maintains 11 times more cash on hand than her competitor— two substantial markers of a candidate’s ability to be viable and communicate a message to voters.
- Also recently, at the California Democratic Party’s AD-30 “Pre-Convention Caucus” vote, in a stunning blow to her competition, 43 out of 45 total possible votes among eligible delegates– a staggering 96%— voted for Cervantez Alejo over the other Democrat in the race.
- This overwhelming vote resulted in Cervantez Alejo securing a formal recommendation for the California Democratic Party’s official endorsement.
3) Robust Local Media Coverage
4) New Supporters
- Also, recently, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo announced the support of Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), California Council of Laborers of North America (LiUNA), Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs and AFSCME Council 57. And, in a landslide vote, 49-10, the endorsement of the South County Democratic Club, a powerhouse local organization comprised of scores of politically mobilized grassroots activists.
Beyond today’s news, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo has amassed an army of support from teachers, nurses, working people, women’s organizations, small business owners, Democratic Party luminaries, and countless others, totaling well over 220 supporters.
To view her full list of endorsements, please click here: http://votekarina.com/endorsements/
To view Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo bio, click here:http://votekarina.com/meet-karina/meet-karina/
For all other information, please visit: www.VoteKarina.com