WATSONVILLE, CA-– Serving as further evidence of her robust and thriving campaign for State Assembly District 30, today Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo garnered endorsements from two of the most prestigious and widely respected regional agricultural leaders, David Gill and John D’Arrigo, both of which previously served as Presidents of the Western Growers Association.
Upon learning of the endorsements, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo released the following statement:
“In a district with a rich agricultural heritage, having the support of David Gill and John D’Arrigo means a great deal to me. Their support not only validates my record as someone who understands the importance of keeping our agricultural industry competitive and flourishing, but also that I’ll be a champion for local farmers and farm workers in the State Assembly.”
Just last week Cervantez Alejo landed a powerful endorsement from the South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council.
Moreover, Cervantez Alejo is the officially endorsed candidate of the California Democratic Party. She’s also dominating the race and far-outpacing her competition by every measurement.
1) Commanding Lead in Fundraising:
- Recent reports released by the candidates in AD-30 showed that Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo is leading by a substantial landslide on the fundraising front.
- For the recent report ending on December 31st, Watsonville’s Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo raked-in a whopping $118,000 in new contributions, bringing her total raised to more than $268,000. She maintains a substantial cash-on-hand war-chest of over $238,000.
- Cervantez Alejo has raised roughly 14 times more overall and maintains 11 times more cash on hand than her competitor— two substantial markers of a candidate’s ability to be viable and communicate a message to voters.
2) California Democratic Party’s Endorsement
- Also recently, at the California Democratic Party’s AD-30 “Pre-Convention Caucus” vote, in a stunning blow to her competition, 43 out of 45 total possible votes among eligible delegates– a staggering 96%— voted for Cervantez Alejo over the other Democrat in the race.
- This overwhelming vote resulted in Cervantez Alejo securing a formal endorsement from the California Democratic Party at the state convention just weeks ago.
3) Robust Local Media Coverage
- Monterey County Weekly: Karina Cervantez Alejo leads Assembly fundraising contest by huge margin.
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Watsonville’s Karina Cervantez Alejo wins party endorsement by landslide
- Register- Pajaronian: Cervantez Alejo earns nod from Democratic Party
4) New Supporters
- Also, recently, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo announced the support of the South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council, Silicon Valley Young Democrats, Democratic Women’s Club at Santa Cruz County, Salinas Valley Teachers AFT Local 1020, Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), California Council of Laborers of North America (LiUNA), Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs and AFSCME Council 57. And, in a landslide vote, 49-10, the endorsement of the South County Democratic Club, a powerhouse local organization comprised of scores of politically mobilized grassroots activists.
Beyond today’s news, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo has amassed an army of support from teachers, nurses, working people, women’s organizations, small business owners, Democratic Party luminaries, and countless others, totaling well over 220 supporters.
To view her full list of endorsements, please click here: http://votekarina.com/endorsements/
To view Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo bio, click here:http://votekarina.com/meet-karina/meet-karina/
For all other information, please visit: www.VoteKarina.com
Paid for by Karina Cervantez Alejo for State Assembly 2016.