WATSONVILLE, CA— Continuing to coalesce wide-ranging support, today CSU Monterey Bay Educator and Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo secured the sought-after support of the California School Employees Association (CSEA) in her campaign to represent California’s 30th State Assembly District seat. CSEA’s backing comes on the heels of news that both the Salinas Valley Federation of Teachers AFT Local 1012 and California Federation of Teachers were also backing her Assembly bid.
In announcing their support, Dave Low, Executive Director of the California School Employees Association, stated:
“The California School Employees Association is pleased to support CSU Monterey Bay Educator and Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo for State Assembly District 30. Karina understands the critical importance of investing in our education system to expand opportunity and ensure the long-term success of California and its people. She’s proven herself as a dedicated leader for students, school employees, classroom teachers, parents and local neighborhoods. We know she’ll make a remarkable representative for the 30th Assembly District in Sacramento.”
Today’s news follows a week of major announcements, including support from Salinas Valley Federation of Teachers AFT Local 102, California Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC) and from California’s former Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante.
Moreover, Cervantez Alejo is dominating the race and far-outpacing her competition by every measurement.
1) Commanding Lead in Fundraising:
- Recent reports released by the candidates in AD-30 showed that Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo is leading by a substantial landslide on the fundraising front.
- For the recent report ending on December 31st, Watsonville’s Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo raked-in a whopping $118,000 in new contributions, bringing her total raised to more than $268,000. She maintains a substantial cash-on-hand war-chest of over $238,000.
- Cervantez Alejo has raised roughly 14 times more overall and maintains 11 times more cash on hand than her competitor— two substantial markers of a candidate’s ability to be viable and communicate a message to voters.
- Also recently, at the California Democratic Party’s AD-30 “Pre-Convention Caucus” vote, in a stunning blow to her competition, 43 out of 45 total possible votes among eligible delegates– a staggering 96%— voted for Cervantez Alejo over the other Democrat in the race.
- This overwhelming vote resulted in Cervantez Alejo securing a formal recommendation for the California Democratic Party’s official endorsement.
3) Robust Local Media Coverage
4) New Supporters
- Also, recently, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo announced the support of Salinas Valley Teachers AFT Local 1020, Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), California Council of Laborers of North America (LiUNA), Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs and AFSCME Council 57. And, in a landslide vote, 49-10, the endorsement of the South County Democratic Club, a powerhouse local organization comprised of scores of politically mobilized grassroots activists.
Beyond today’s news, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo has amassed an army of support from teachers, nurses, working people, women’s organizations, small business owners, Democratic Party luminaries, and countless others, totaling well over 220 supporters.
To view her full list of endorsements, please click here: http://votekarina.com/endorsements/
To view Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo bio, click here:http://votekarina.com/meet-karina/meet-karina/
For all other information, please visit: www.VoteKarina.com