WATSONVILLE, CA— Fusing together to establish one of the most far-reaching coalitions of support among public safety organizations and leaders in the region, today Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo secured another key law enforcement endorsement: Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC).
In announcing their support, Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC) President Michael Durant released the following statement:
“The Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC) is proud to endorse Karina Cervantez Alejo for State Assembly. Her proven leadership as Mayor of spearheading Measure G to increase funding for police, fire and emergency response underscores her clear determination to improve neighborhood security in the region. We know she’ll be a forceful partner with us in the legislature to combat crime, gangs and gun violence in order to increase public safety.”
In addition to locking down PORAC’s support, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo has earned the following public safety endorsements:
- Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs Association
- Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeff Rosell
- Santa Cruz County Sheriff Jim Hart
- Monterey County Sheriff Scott Miller (Ret.)
- Watsonville Police Chief Terry Medina (Ret.)
- Santa Cruz County Sheriff Phil Wowak (Ret.)
- Santa Cruz County Sheriff Steve Robbins (Ret.)
- Gonzales Police Chief Paul Miller
- Greenfield Police Chief Joe Grebmeier (Ret.)
- Watsonville Police Chief Manny Solano
- Marina Police Chief Eddie Rodriguez
- Watsonville Fire Chief Pablo Baretto
Moreover, Cervantez Alejo is dominating the race and far-outpacing her competition by every measurement.
1) Commanding Lead in Fundraising:
- Recent reports released by the candidates in AD-30 showed that Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo is leading by a substantial landslide on the fundraising front.
- For the recent report ending on December 31st, Watsonville’s Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo raked-in a whopping $118,000 in new contributions, bringing her total raised to more than $268,000. She maintains a substantial cash-on-hand war-chest of over $238,000.
- Cervantez Alejo has raised roughly 14 times more overall and maintains 11 times more cash on hand than her competitor— two substantial markers of a candidate’s ability to be viable and communicate a message to voters.
- Also recently, at the California Democratic Party’s AD-30 “Pre-Convention Caucus” vote, in a stunning blow to her competition, 43 out of 45 total possible votes among eligible delegates– a staggering 96%— voted for Cervantez Alejo over the other Democrat in the race.
- This overwhelming vote resulted in Cervantez Alejo securing a formal recommendation for the California Democratic Party’s official endorsement.
3) Robust Local Media Coverage
4) New Supporters
- Also, recently, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo announced the support of California Council of Laborers of North America (LiUNA), Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs and AFSCME Council 57. And, in a landslide vote, 49-10, the endorsement of the South County Democratic Club, a powerhouse local organization comprised of scores of politically mobilized grassroots activists.
Beyond today’s news, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo has amassed an army of support from teachers, nurses, working people, women’s organizations, small business owners, Democratic Party luminaries, and countless others, totaling well over 220 supporters.
To view her full list of endorsements, please click here: http://votekarina.com/endorsements/
To view Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo bio, click here:http://votekarina.com/meet-karina/meet-karina/
For all other information, please visit: www.VoteKarina.com