This weekend’s ratification vote follows the delegates’ recommendation from the 30th District which had previously voted in favor of Karina Cervantez Alejo with an overwhelming 96% of the vote to win the Party’s endorsement. That previous vote took place on January 30th at the “Pre-Convention Caucus.”
That vote became official this past weekend and makes Karina Cervantez Alejo the officially endorsed candidate of the California Democratic Party in the AD30 race.In a district widely known for its deep blue and progressive-leaning electorate, the California Democratic Party’s endorsement brings enormous electoral clout and political muscle to Karina Cervantez Alejo’s Assembly campaign.
Upon receiving word of the state Party’s official endorsement, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo released the following statement:
“I am running an aggressive campaign that empowers local activists to organize their neighborhoods and rally around our message of bringing a new generation of leadership to make state government work for everyone. Having such wide-ranging grassroots support and the California Democratic Party in my corner is an integral part of that strategy. I am thrilled to have the state Party’s official seal of approval and look forward to joining forces with the California Democratic Party and all of the 30th Assembly District’s grassroots activists to convey our message throughout the district as we head towards the Primary Election.”
1) Commanding Lead in Fundraising:
- Recent reports released by the candidates in AD-30 showed that Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo is leading by a substantial landslide on the fundraising front.
- For the recent report ending on December 31st, Watsonville’s Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo raked-in a whopping $118,000 in new contributions, bringing her total raised to more than $268,000. She maintains a substantial cash-on-hand war-chest of over $238,000.
- Cervantez Alejo has raised roughly 14 times more overall and maintains 11 times more cash on hand than her competitor— two substantial markers of a candidate’s ability to be viable and communicate a message to voters.
- Also recently, at the California Democratic Party’s AD-30 “Pre-Convention Caucus” vote, in a stunning blow to her competition, 43 out of 45 total possible votes among eligible delegates– a staggering 96%— voted for Cervantez Alejo over the other Democrat in the race.
- This overwhelming vote resulted in Cervantez Alejo securing a formal recommendation for the California Democratic Party’s official endorsement.
4) New Supporters
- Also, recently, Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo announced the support of Salinas Valley Teachers AFT Local 1020, Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), California Council of Laborers of North America (LiUNA), Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriffs and AFSCME Council 57. And, in a landslide vote, 49-10, the endorsement of the South County Democratic Club, a powerhouse local organization comprised of scores of politically mobilized grassroots activists.
To view her full list of endorsements, please click here: http://votekarina.com/endorsements/
To view Watsonville Mayor Pro-Tem Karina Cervantez Alejo bio, click here:http://votekarina.com/meet-karina/meet-karina/
For all other information, please visit: www.VoteKarina.com